PVGA is directly involved in promoting vegetables and berries at the Pennsylvania Farm Show with its Farm Show Food Booth. The Association also promotes Pennsylvania vegetables at Penn State’s Ag Progress Days.
The Association was also instrumental in the establishment of the Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing and Research Program, a state marketing order for all vegetable growers in Pennsylvania. The Program has been aggressively promoting Pennsylvania vegetables since 1989. It’s website at www.paveggies.org provides a wealth of information for consumers including recipes, preparation tips and directories to help consumers and wholesale buyers find sources of fresh Pennsylvania vegetables, potatoes or berries.
- Consumer Information – nutritional information and lists of local farmers’ markets and roadside farm markets
- Recipes – tasty recipes for Pennsylvania vegetables, see the finalist recipes for the Pennsylvania “Simply Delicious, Simply Nutritious” Vegetable Recipe Contests
- Pennsylvania Farm Markets and Farmers’ Markets – an online searchable directory of markets across the state.
- Pennsylvania CSAs – an online searchable directory of CSAs offered by vegetable growers across the state.
- Pennsylvania Wholesale Growers – an online searchable directory of wholesale produce growers by crop grown.
- Produce Auctions – a list of wholesale produce auctions in the state.