Specialty Crop Tour for Young Growers is June 14
This tour will be held at the Russell E. Larson Agricultural Research Center at Rock Springs which hosts research projects for agronomic and horticultural crops on June 14, 2017 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. No fee for the event but please sign up by June 7th!
- 10:00 am – Meet at Plant Pathology Farm (Gate E)
- 12:00 pm – Lunch (Gate J)
- 1:00 pm – Resume Research Tour at Horticulture Farm (Gate H)
- 4:00 pm – Depart
The Russell E. Larson Agricultural Research Center is located fifteen minutes from downtown State College, PA. The farm hosts research projects for agronomic and horticultural crops. On this tour YGA will be visiting the farm’s Plant Pathology and Horticulture sections, and will hear from researchers conducting tree fruit, vegetable, and small fruit studies. Other specialty crop projects, like hops and wine grapes, will also be presented.
- NC-140 apple rootstock plantings
- Apple training systems
- Asian pear cultivar evaluatio
- Apple root biology
- Vegetable disease management and monitoring
- Weed management in sweet corn and tomatoes
- Sustainable hops production
- Pumpkin cultivar evaluation
- No-till tomato and squash production
- High tunnel strawberry and raspberry production
For further information and to register, click here.